Friday, July 20, 2012

Listening to the Masters - 2



"If you cannot dedicate all your works to the Divine, then do the work without the desire of the fruit. " (Bhagavadgita)

"Let the mind flow freely without abiding anywhere. " (Diamond Sutra)

"All living being, be peaceful, gentle and happy. Whether animals, plants, big or small, long or short .... All living being be happy." (Buddha [Suttanipata 145-147])



I think many phenomena became a reality as it was deemed desirable and right...
Is this my delusion?  Perhaps...  or perhaps not?!


"Unless the world as a whole can achieve happiness there is no happiness as an individual. ... The consciousness as a person will progress from individual to group to society to the universe." (Kenji Miyazawa)

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." (Antoine de SaintExupery)

"Use the light that is in you to recover your natural clearness of sight. " (Lao-tzu)

"There is a treasure in every person." (Sufism)

" ... the truth is the subject's transformation within himself." (Kierkegaard)

"If you deliberately plan to be less than you are capable of being, I warn you that you will be deeply unhappy for the rest of your life." (Abraham Maslow)

"If you do not have a dream, you might as well be dead." (Dixie Rose)

"I have a dream." (Martin Luther King)

"I think I can, I think I can." (The Little Engine That Could)

"May I have the strength to change the things I can, the patience to accept the things I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference. " (Saint Francis)

==

I do not remember any more how I collected these words in 2001 for the book, Results from the Heart.  Yet, I see many living in me as I re-read them now.  Then, I noticed that the word I should have include above was the word given in 1983 by the president of a company called, "San-esu" in Japan, Mr. Hikoji Suzuki; "Life is the manifestation of our image we create."  I recently realized that this word lived with me and my life became in fact as he suggested.  Amazing!

It may be that there is this unknown connection among childlikeness, creativity and image.... as we will discuss more in the next post.

Wishing you the best,
Kio



No comments:

Post a Comment