Wednesday, May 23, 2012

50 Cm Problem (Brain and Heart)


The term, "Primary relationship" was used in previous posts to point to the connection to the heart, true self, unconscious, or whatever it may be called.  Here, I would like to give an example of a company and its people who grasped this idea in managing their company.

UBISA is a Spanish company in Burgos producing steel wire products, which won a coveted European Quality Award some 20 years ago.  I consulted this company over decades, sharing the journey aimed at excellence.  Time flies and many people have left the firm by now, but many wonderful memories are with me.  There are less than a handful of companies that I felt so connected at such level and this company (i.e., people) is certainly one of them.  My heart is with "you" and this one slide below signifies the message.

Courtesy: UBISA

Here, they call it a "50 cm problem," signifying the distance between brain and heart.  The Spanish words above translate: "Our purpose is to share our experience to help solve "half meter problem""

They used this slide in a seminar in Madrid where I talked about overall idea and UBISA people joined me to give their story tied to my message.  In my book, "Results from the heart," I wrote;  "They emphasized that it is the heart that is the core... and made their presentation on that theme.... I was quite moved that we identified with something that is very essential in running the mini- company (and company as a whole)."  Further, I wrote, "We all have such connecting moments...  In such moments, we may not directly share feelings verbally, but there is that sparkling light in the eyes and sense of spirit in the air that us beyond expression." (p.185)

I wonder if this experience in Madrid is also connected to the results from the Heart - literally speaking.  Was there our heart and the meaning connected to that, which we shared in our journey at that moment?

Instead of pondering any further, let me just share some quotes:
"Concept without intuition is meaningless.  Intuition without concept is blindness." -  Kant
"Science without religion is meaningless.  Religion without science is lame." - Einstein

After quoting these, my resolution is in the book; [whatever the subject matter is..e.g.,].. science, philosophy or management, mastery is tied to finding the channel to connect brain and heart, thus eliciting an integral or balanced solution. (p.12)

*  Or, this corresponds to what Eckhart Tolle may say, "the alignment to the present moment."




No comments:

Post a Comment