Sunday, July 29, 2012

Your life becomes what you imagine your life to be

Picasso said, "People don't realize what they have when they own a picture by me. Each picture is a phial with my blood. That is what has gone into it."  I find his painting as the manifestation of his life.   If so, I wonder if this blog may be the manifestation of my (image of) life.  Or, in a broader sense: one's life becomes the manifestation of the image of oneself...  with other areas of manifestation being work, hobby, relationship, health, finance and living truthfully (see Life Profile)  Since we are living beings, our life may be seen as a creative process of coming up with a New DNA (LIFE) by combining different elements (or seeds, ideas, images) and for that to grow.

Going through various experiences in my life brings a seed/insight for my blog.  More ideas pop up and writing this blog can become a manifestation of creative process, i.e., my life.  If one wonders how various topics are integrated as a whole, I see they are like a tree growing with various branches and leaves, all contributing to the growth, yet somehow balanced as a whole.  In other words, this blog is like a canvas to exhibit my paintings (experiences of life = creative process), manifesting my image of  LIFE!  

BTW, I met few people who are expressing their talents to create an image or vision for clients as well as for themselves.  One lady is doing a business of creating an image for clients such as actors or business man through matching clothes, appearances, values, etc.  Another lady is counseling individuals to overcome life's hurdles as therapist with the heart at the center.  One man is an instructor of Aikido to instruct the Ki (life energy) to manifest in students'daily life with compassion at the base.  Another is a man involved in making deals to transform companies, through mergers and acquisitions, which ultimately may develop better flow of life energy, providing better life experiences, if this is done right.

So, as much as I write this blog and try to live life truthfully from the heart, there are quite a few new heroes - who strive to manifest their image or dream in what they do.

If our image may become reality, let me revisit what the Dalai Lama said in his foreword to my book, Results from the Heart:

"As human beings, the one factor that differentiates us from other species is our intelligence which both expresses itself and trains itself through education.  However, the development of the brain, the intellectual side of our nature, and the development of a good heart, a warm heart, must complement each other in a more balanced way.  This is why, wherever I go, I always try to promote human values, the good qualities of the human mind, the good qualities of human beings.  They are the source of happiness, and happiness is ultimately what each of us wants.

I believe we have both the ability and the means to solve our problems and improve our world.  Perhaps the most important factors that inhibit us are short-sightedness, narrow-mindedness, and selfishness.  Yet, to look after yourself is not wrong.  Without a strong sense of self we cannot develop self-confidence, determination and will power.  But, we must be careful, for there is also a narrow -minded selfishness that can lead to self destruction.  To counter that we have to realize that in reality our own interest is closely linked to the interests of others and the benefit, happiness and interests of others are our own."

As new heroes, we are to confirm the core value, live by core principle - perhaps to create new DNA (LIFE) to express compassion and wisdom, while utilizing our talent, helping each other as well as being the master of our own desitiny.  To me, this journey is as if I am to re-invent myself as I move on and face and overcome hurdles and difficulties one step at a time.  The real test is in LIFE itself.

Reflecting back, I was a kid aspiring to be like Thomas Edison, later I wanted to become an engineer to contribute my talent to the society. Then, I found myself as an nucelar safety analyst for Fukushima plant for few years.  Later, I got an MBA to expand my skill base, and satisfy my curiosity.  Working as consultant to develop corporate strategy, and operational improvement for companies, I also honed my skill to address human psychology to find a path for organizational transformation.  Years of my Zen practice and mediation have helped a great deal for me to maintain calm and quiet mind under difficulties.  Yet, there is no complacency to be had as life brings various traps we can easily fall into.

So, there are always new challenges to be met and new images to be created as I moved on in this journey.  As I turn the corner, there are more new difficulties or opportunities waiting.  The front page of my book points the image of what this journey is about, where a man is painting a stairs as he move up the stairs he painted previously...  (Note: I did not know there was someone who came up with such a great idea and put it on the front page of my book!!!)

Yes, image may manifest on its own - if we let it.  Here are my words from Results form the Heart (p.164):
"Wherever we are and whatever our past, we can paint on the canvas of our universe the total existence  of our life and see how it may unfold.  And in this journey of our life, may we hear our heart continue to whisper, "When we give up, that is when we fail.  If we do not give up, there is no failure."

In life, just like painting, I have an image, and as I paint... more ideas may flow...as if many things want to be expressed in their own unique way, expressing who they really are...



One of my paintings 



A CEO in Japan, Hikoji Suzuki said, "Jinsei ha ime-ji zoukei nari"
My translation is:
- Life is an image creation (direct literal translation)
- Life is the form created by our own imagination
- Our life becomes the manifestation of what our our image of life

May you let your life to be the manifestation of your imagination?!


Life is the manifestation of your image (My Calligraphy)


Funny, but a talk with a person on "life is image creation" brought an idea for me to write this post.  To me, such encounter (exchange of image-potential) is as if to confirm the spark in life and be able to share with someone or anyone while keep exploring the joy in our adventure in what we call this thing as LIFE.

Living truthfully..is my image re: my life!! I have been working on this since my awakening experience in 2,000.  This is the same as Tao, or following the law of nature (or, live according to God's order).... and to do that is the New Hero's Journey.

To end this post, I would like to offer few more quotes:

"Imagination is power" (Einstein)
“When the answer is simple, God is speaking.” (Einstein)

"He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is an inexorable, indisputable law." (Picasso)

"As he thinks in his heart, so is he." (Proverbs 25:7)

Best wishes on your journey,
Kio

1 comment:

  1. Kiyoshi qué día naciste? en que lugar? Necesito hacer una biografía de ti

    ReplyDelete