Saturday, June 9, 2012

Symphony of Light - Joy of Life (Poem)

Here are some more of my poems from about ten years ago.  I found this in my old English home page (Net archive) where I posted Kabir's poem - my favorite one.

Symphony of Light


As if listening to the sound from afar.. 
There is a transparent state beyond the time-space dimension
where the whole nerve system
and all cells of body fully activate.

To the end of the universe,
and inside the mitochondria or DNA
of all cells
everyone enjoys the liberation.

As each performs the given role
and help with each other with no conflict,
there is the most natural state
of life expressing itself.

Without thinking of truth, enlightenment,
defilements or else,
Everyone dances
the dance of the universe.

Yes, by utilizing our whole senses as an artist
Letfs throw our whole existence into the ocean of this universeI
And covered by the spray of the universe over our whole body,
let us play the symphony of light!



It is as it is


As I listen to the stereo..
My body moves on its own
Covered by the vibration,
All cells of my body share the happiness.
My mind is transparent
while the whole world vibratesin happiness.
Yes, Right, in such a way
As birds sing,
Everyone dances.
The tribe men from Amazon,and those in Africa.
People may comment to see me being like this,"He must be demented!"
But, it's OK.
It is because I found the answer
to that question of "So what?"
It is simply
everything is as it is.

A Life in Resonance with Dhamma


As if a butterfly shows up from somewhere when flowers start to bloom,
when birds sing their song, I find my body covered with Dhamma Piti*.
Yes, there is something here to point that
the wisdom of nature is unfathomable.

As much as women putting a make-up to become attractive,
or anyone trying to win the sports game or win in philosophical debate,
or being attracted to make money or to become famous,
there is something similar in all of these orientations.

That is the sense of oneness that everyone seeks for,
to find at the core of us the pleasure of resonating with the infinite.
The same is true for sex, isnft it?  To grasp that moment to discover the infinite,
we want to have our body and mind melted in the ecstasy.

Then, we find the comedies and tragedies performed all around.
So, stop now and ask what is really going on!
What if we do not know that
seeking for happiness iscnot finding one?

 How sad it is to search for IT afarcIt is like in the middle of waterc
yet crying out in thirst,h so Hakuin said.
But look!  I hear the sound of wind chimec  chirping of the birds c.
And, the guitar of Segovia continuing while the cool breeze passes through the room.

Without seeking, but realizing whatfs going onc
what if we live with the sharpened senses
at all of our mind-body cells and DNAs,
and discover the vibration of the universe?

Piti: emotion of joy, delight, zest, exuberance
(7/15/03)


(Courtesy: Debmalya Mukherjee)

A Joy of Life

For no reason, but perhaps a sound may trigger it.
Perhaps a butterfly in the air,
The innocent flower in the sunc
Perhaps, Segoviafs guitar..
These bring joy to me, with reason but no apparent reason.

It is a joy of life
For the life to experience life as it is.
I feel all through my bodyc
From the top of my head to the bottom of my solec
And throughout my whole body.

Covered by the shivering sense,
All cells of my body breathe the breath of universe
Interconnected with each other
to the end of the universe,
vibrating and expressing as they are meant.

With tears, I remember someone once said,
This world is nirvana as it is.
Whatever that may mean,
It is my cells that know it,
And expressing what it is as it is.

So, may I say simply; have a good day, and a good life!
(7/11/03)

No comments:

Post a Comment